TradeStation

TradeStation Wiki | Most Recent Forum Posts | My Forum Subscriptions | Forum Help | Quick Forum Search 

| Advanced Forum Search

Home > All Forums > TradeStation Add-On Products  >
 Indicator > G Square Pro & Free Square

Author
Topic  
Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 07/18/2006 15:32:17    

Company Name: Market Gematria
Email: Email Solidus

Solidus

Add-on Name: G Square Pro
Technology: Indicator
Analysis: Time Cycles, Support & Resistance, Trendlines
Market(s):All liquid markets.
Timeframe:Intraday
Trader Profile:Discretionary swing, short-term or day trader.

saltwater
22 Posts
Posted - 08/16/2011 10:33:21    
what happened to gannstation24?
Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 08/16/2011 11:02:12    
Shortly, it will be replaced with a more advanced version. It is really far beyond Gann now, hence the name change.
optionswings
2082 Posts
Posted - 08/16/2011 12:14:04    
But, is it more accurate than Gann? :))

- OS
AC3
246 Posts
Posted - 10/23/2011 00:26:51    
I am looking for a GANN Fan indicator that will fan from a point DOWN. The stock GANN in TS 9.0 is strictly to the upside. Is this something that you folks would be able to supply as a solution. If not sorry for the bother.
Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 10/23/2011 00:33:13    
quote:
Originally posted by AC3
I am looking for a GANN Fan indicator that will fan from a point DOWN. The stock GANN in TS 9.0 is strictly to the upside. Is this something that you folks would be able to supply as a solution. If not sorry for the bother.

There is a setting to change the direction. Click on the tool and it's at the bottom of the "settings" tab.
Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2014 16:43:23    
kongming,

I moved your posts here to try to stay within forum rules.

quote:
Originally posted by kongming
This topic is to discuss various uses related to G Square Pro app that is available through the App Store. Please comment and/or share ideas regarding GSP.

The author of the app has done a great job explaining various squares on the HELP section of GSP app. The author of the App also has a webinar available which discusses the use of G Free Square. http://www.marketgematria.com/webinar062311.html

Discussion here regarding how to best utilize each Square for trading/enter/exit would be beneficial to the users of this App -- as well as pros/cons of individual square types on different markets.

For example, GLD may work well with a "Fixed Size" of 1, and for ES, Net Change, Range, Square 9, all seem to work well.

In the author's webinar, he discuss the value of testing out various squares and also time (exchange hours, pit hours, 24 hours), but which is the best?

For index futures (ES, NQ, YM), pit hours seems to work well.

1) Has anyone seen "better" results with regular session hours?
2) Is it possible to use FX futures on a 24 hour cycle? Does it "mess" up the squares?
3) What about range vs. true range?

quote:
Confirm that. No. I'm not the author. The author/developer of the App is Chris Cheatham. a.k.a Solidas.

If you use/tried GSP/Free square, you know that it's unlike any indicator that most are familiar with. Not really indicator but a different form of scaling/square chart.

Some of the scaling/square concepts are very simple (reading from GSP's help) but works really well - as good as any pivots or support/resistance.

Trying to see if there is an optimal way to use this? For example, is it better to use as a breakout of the square line (or 1/2 lines) or to trade the bounce off the lines?

Solidas has also posted volume bars that can be used with GSP. Believe that it'll help where the turns are.

https://community.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?&Topic_ID=133070

quote:
GLD 14 March 2014.

Anyone with suggestions for a good oscillator or entry tool to screen the entries?Attachment:DATA/20140314152031GLD_14mar14.PNG 42926 bytes

Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2014 16:47:34    
Hi kongming,

It will be interesting to see how many folks chime in here. There are about 400 subscribers to the freeware version, though most I have not had any contact with. So we will see.

Unfortunately, there is no appropriate place for discussing TA Store products on the forum. This thread is from an old product of mine from before the TradingApp Store. But it will give us a place to discuss things for the time being without breaking any rules.

Your questions:

1. By regular, you mean 9:30 to 4:00 pm? I don't have a strong preference, though I do plot the 4 pm close on my short term charts. You can experiment by using a custom session. I use pit session charts + globex session charts personally for stock indices.

2. Do you mean midnight to midnight? This will give inconsistent session times within the week, and I don't think it will work.

3. IMHO, true range is better for stocks than futures/forex, but others may disagree.

4. Oscillator or entry tool: Check out "Magic of Autolength" in EL Library:

https://community.tradestation.com/discussions/Topic.aspx?Result=1&Topic_ID=90001

It's a simple function to calculate the length of an oscillator, MA, etc. based on the day. For example, one day, 1/2 day, etc. Try this with stochastics, momentum, moving averages, bollinger bands, etc. I am a big fan of one day personally, but depending on your time frame 1/2 or smaller might suit you better. The idea is harmonics of daily cycles.

Best,
Chris
kongming
6 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2014 17:38:26    
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I assume you're Solidas?

I'm new to tradestation forum. So I apologize if I ask any basic/duplicate questions. I guess we moved to a different room.

I tried stochastics with autolength and it looks promising. I was watching the "raw" square, but I guess it makes sense to overlay with other stuff.

My main question at this time is setting the right "time window" or session hours for the square. NYSE and "pit" hours makes sense, but when I add more time -- especially all of globex session, then the square looks "stretched" on 5 min chart for example.

So I want to confirm with you whether it can be used for "overnight" trading with the same square but with a higher interval e.g. 30 min. Not quite sure if the square is designed to be used "overnight" hours as well. If it is true that using "True Range" makes sense.

Thank youAttachment:DATA/20140314173857GLD_14march14_w_stoch_autolength.PNG 67344 bytes
kongming
6 Posts
Posted - 03/14/2014 17:48:34    
Chris,

Is there a way to "subscribe" to this "topic." I don't see the "subscribe" icon....

Thank you.
Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 03/16/2014 22:16:02    
quote:
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I assume you're Solidas?

I'm new to tradestation forum. So I apologize if I ask any basic/duplicate questions. I guess we moved to a different room.

I tried stochastics with autolength and it looks promising. I was watching the "raw" square, but I guess it makes sense to overlay with other stuff.

My main question at this time is setting the right "time window" or session hours for the square. NYSE and "pit" hours makes sense, but when I add more time -- especially all of globex session, then the square looks "stretched" on 5 min chart for example.

So I want to confirm with you whether it can be used for "overnight" trading with the same square but with a higher interval e.g. 30 min. Not quite sure if the square is designed to be used "overnight" hours as well. If it is true that using "True Range" makes sense.

Thank youAttachment:DATA/20140314173857GLD_14march14_w_stoch_autolength.PNG 67344 bytes

Hi kongmin,

Yes, we are one and the same. This forum section was set up for official add-on product developers a while back (before the "TradingApp Store" came into existence). In general, it is against the rules to discuss third-party products on the TS forum, but in this section it is OK.

As to chart times, you're right about the "stretching". I use 3-6 min charts for day session charts, but 15-30 min for overnight data. Another trick I have done is to set up my mouse wheel to increase/decrease the bar spacing -- so you can easily see more or less as needed.

About the interval, generally the same applies -- just the minutes are different. I would not use open-net change for 24 hour data, as it doesn't make as much sense as for pit session. But otherwise, same rules apply.

I don't see a way to subscribe to forum posts here either. Usually there is, but this is an old forum section and maybe they never updated it.

Best,
Chris
kongming
6 Posts
Posted - 03/16/2014 23:59:53    
Chris,

Thank you for the reply. It clarifies things for me. I'll investigate both day/pit only and overnight.

FYI... instead of subscribing to the "topic," I subscribed to "User" (e.g. Solidas) so I can see G Square Pro postings that are relevant.

Stan
nross
108 Posts
Posted - 03/24/2014 12:08:31    
Hello Everyone:

I am having issues with the Free Square Indicator today. It was working perfectly as of Friday. Today however, the diagonal lines on the indicator do not show up on the charts by default. These diagonal lines then randomly show up and if I click on the chart, they disappear again.

I deleted the Free Square Folder from my Sessions folder and the app was redownloaded. However problem persists. Any ideas as to what may be causing this issue?

Please see attached file.

Thank youAttachment:DATA/20140324120858FreeSquare.png 92512 bytes
Solidus
30251 Posts
Posted - 03/24/2014 12:16:40    
nross,

To get help from TS you need to post on the support forum. As we discussed, I am not seeing this on mine. Here is the link to support forum:

https://community.tradestation.com/Discussions/Forum.aspx?Forum_ID=213

TradeStation.com Discussion
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds. 2003-2019 TradeStation.com.